Challenger Deep
"True enjoyments must be spontaneous and compulsive and look to no remoter end. The Muses will submit to no marriage of convenience. The desirable habit of mind, if it is to come at all, must come as a by-product, unsought." CS Lewis, "Lilies that Fester"
This morning, as I nurse a perfect iced latte, enjoy the musings of Jimmy Eat World, and savor the words of a genius, I am filled with joy. It is more difficult to search for or fabricate such joys, rather such joys are just had. These joys are found within a fulfilling life- not in the individual acts of life. If I want to find happiness, I should search and strive for a better life. This better (best) life is found in the peaceful arms and service of the Lord, YHWH! Escaping the hell of eternal separation from the Ultimate Goodness in the universe, I am able to savor these simple joys. Jesus has pardoned us from our inequities by asking the Father to "Forgive them, for they do not know what they do." The veil has been torn in two, allowing us to enter into the Holy of Holies (Jesus), which allows us a life to live free from condemnation.
I embark upon a journey today to the foreign lands of California. It might as well be a trip to Challenger Deep- however, with my freedom I fully intend to savor every moment. My big plans are to spend time with my sister and her family, go to the beach, savor a delicious meal at In-n-Out Burger, take pictures, form new memories with family and friends, and livin' it up in Califor-ni-a.
A memory from Switzerland- one of my other adventures this summer.
This morning, as I nurse a perfect iced latte, enjoy the musings of Jimmy Eat World, and savor the words of a genius, I am filled with joy. It is more difficult to search for or fabricate such joys, rather such joys are just had. These joys are found within a fulfilling life- not in the individual acts of life. If I want to find happiness, I should search and strive for a better life. This better (best) life is found in the peaceful arms and service of the Lord, YHWH! Escaping the hell of eternal separation from the Ultimate Goodness in the universe, I am able to savor these simple joys. Jesus has pardoned us from our inequities by asking the Father to "Forgive them, for they do not know what they do." The veil has been torn in two, allowing us to enter into the Holy of Holies (Jesus), which allows us a life to live free from condemnation.
I embark upon a journey today to the foreign lands of California. It might as well be a trip to Challenger Deep- however, with my freedom I fully intend to savor every moment. My big plans are to spend time with my sister and her family, go to the beach, savor a delicious meal at In-n-Out Burger, take pictures, form new memories with family and friends, and livin' it up in Califor-ni-a.
A memory from Switzerland- one of my other adventures this summer.
Weasel-
ReplyDeleteWhen you experience such joy as you are talking about, there is only one thing to do...Sing "I got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart". Happy John Neill Day!!!!