Anxiously Waiting
Waking up at 6:30am to play racquetball seemed like a great idea at the time, however when your friend does not arrive with the ball, it is difficult to play.This post is not to get on to Dave's case, rather as I was sitting on the gym floor, waiting, I began to think how often I put God in the same situation. He made me for Him- to have a relationship with Him, but how often do I forget, or sleep in, and not have time to hang out with Him. How often do I stand God up? One of my most memorable pledging experiences has to do with a commitment I made to God. I decided at that moment that I was going to run as fast, and as hard as I could after God for the rest of my life. I decided in that moment, that for the rest of my life, I wanted to be able to shoulder that burden, be placed in the yolk with Christ, and go all out for God in everything. I never wanted to be caught slacking with His Kingdom Work.
And so my day begins with little sleep, but abundant Joy in the Lord, and the Strength that comes from His salvation. Mind over matter. Hurray God!
Dear Dave,
ReplyDeleteBoth Weasel and I woke up after only 3 hours of sleep, and yet you decided to not show up. I hope you enjoy all 68 phone messages that we left you this morning and hope that you have to eat a burnt supper tonight.
Sincerely,
Cole