A 200m Day
I ran track in 7th-10th grades. I ran partially because I needed to take a PE class, and I was small, and had a mother that detested football. In retrospect, I am appreciative of her digressions. However, in her attempt to shelter me from danger, I 'spat in her face' by participating in the most dangerous event in track- pole vault.
Before I only competed in pole-vault, I also ran the 100m and 200m sprints. I vividly remember the 200m because it is not a race that you can pace. You just have to run your butt off, the whole way. A strange and euphoric thing happened on race day, about the 150m mark: you are running with all your might, and then instantly you can no longer feel your legs, and you have the sensation of flying. Then, as you cross the line, and double-over in fatigue, the world rushes back to you as inhale all the air in the world (it seems).
Today was a 200m day. Classes (five today), studying, and a constant engagement from 8:00am - 9:00pm solid. My day was stacked with thoughts, praises, questions, struggles almost to the point of complete saturation. In the aftermath of today, I played ping-pong at Camelot. It was surreal as I was hitting the ball, but I couldn't even feel anything. It was a euphoric combination of fatigue, Divine Joy, brain activitiy/inactivity, laughter induced endorphin overload, and the Peace that comes from the Lord's salvation. As I type these words, I feel the fatigue of my day. Thank God that He is the God of Psalm 18.
Before I only competed in pole-vault, I also ran the 100m and 200m sprints. I vividly remember the 200m because it is not a race that you can pace. You just have to run your butt off, the whole way. A strange and euphoric thing happened on race day, about the 150m mark: you are running with all your might, and then instantly you can no longer feel your legs, and you have the sensation of flying. Then, as you cross the line, and double-over in fatigue, the world rushes back to you as inhale all the air in the world (it seems).
Today was a 200m day. Classes (five today), studying, and a constant engagement from 8:00am - 9:00pm solid. My day was stacked with thoughts, praises, questions, struggles almost to the point of complete saturation. In the aftermath of today, I played ping-pong at Camelot. It was surreal as I was hitting the ball, but I couldn't even feel anything. It was a euphoric combination of fatigue, Divine Joy, brain activitiy/inactivity, laughter induced endorphin overload, and the Peace that comes from the Lord's salvation. As I type these words, I feel the fatigue of my day. Thank God that He is the God of Psalm 18.
I realize I have been seriously slacking on comments lately.
ReplyDeleteSo I will leave you with one simple comment. You are a dirtbag of unparalleled calibar.