Wrestle-Mania
To date, I have mostly written about personal experiences, observations, or things that I know. This is not that kind of post. After taking part in a few wrestling matches, amateur of course, I have a certain appreciation for the concept of wrestling. For those of you who have never had the pleasure to duke it out, round after round, in the most tiring exercise imaginable, the concept of wrestling with God perhaps is a bit foreign. (See the story of Jacob/Israel in Genesis 32:22->.) Unlike boxing, or UFC, wrestling takes time, perseverance, determination, slow-twitch muscle fibers, and a mindset that will allow for an epic battle.
To what I do not know:
I am currently wrestling with God with the balance of resting peacefully, and quietly in God's presence, savoring His sweet, sweet presence, in the Holy of Holies- with entering in to an imperfect, cruel and fallen world. Is it bad for me to want to spend every hour of every day getting to know God's character? I know that the answer lies in and with Jesus, because He was God, spent time with Him, and also was fully human- serving those around Him. Like most things in life, there must be a balance between being in the sanctuary of the Holy of Holies and being in the streets serving people. I can sense that my wrestling match will take time, prayer, study, and testing.
To what I do not know:
I am currently wrestling with God with the balance of resting peacefully, and quietly in God's presence, savoring His sweet, sweet presence, in the Holy of Holies- with entering in to an imperfect, cruel and fallen world. Is it bad for me to want to spend every hour of every day getting to know God's character? I know that the answer lies in and with Jesus, because He was God, spent time with Him, and also was fully human- serving those around Him. Like most things in life, there must be a balance between being in the sanctuary of the Holy of Holies and being in the streets serving people. I can sense that my wrestling match will take time, prayer, study, and testing.
Comments
Post a Comment