"...Take the noose of your ambition"

"Throw away your television..."

What powerful words that are not uttered enough. Tonight, as I rode in the drenching rain, entranced by the thoughts that were racing through my mind as fast as my legs were moving, I entered into one of God's greatest gifts to mankind: pure joy. With a soundtrack goading me to push through the great rivers of Abilene, I turned the pedals of my mind. It brought me back to pledging when I realized that most fulfilling moments in life are coupled with trials that must be overcome, walls that we must push through, and difficult times that you just suck it up, and get it done. With the thumping beats of Pearl Jam, I was able to see a fireworks show that outdid any previous 4th of July celebration ever: lighting flashed through the sky in beautiful and trecherous arcs that could only be from God. The worries of life, the struggles of the mundane disappeared as did the feeling in my legs. My lungs throbed and screamed for air like my spirit so often does when I do not feed upon the Fruits of God.
Tonight, I was in a raging storm of thoughts and passion: and I loved it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake