I'm a hard workin' soilder, and I am on the battlefield

I had a great day today! I am still going strong on my coffee fast (3 whole days now). I had a busy day at work, and a great game of racquetball (it was easily a 10.0 on the sweat-o-meter). In the end, I just enjoy a busy day where I feel like I got a lot accomplished. Sometimes, if I even stay conscience long enough, I try to see how long it takes me to get to sleep. On a good day, I can fall asleep within 30 seconds of me getting into bed because I am that exhausted. On a slow day, it might take me 3 minutes to fall asleep. Tonight, I can tell, will be a good night and I will fall right to sleep, and start all over again tomorrow.


I have wanted to adopt a child from Compassion International for about a year and a half now. I first heard about it while attending Grace Bible study, but for some reason never worked it into my budget. Given I have had some fairly substantial life changes this summer, I have finally been able to adopt a child. His name is Othiniel Yona Mpangala. I am very excited to be able to divert some of my funds monthly to such a good cause. I will gladly eat soup 3 more times a week, if it means that Othiniel will have a better life. It is steps like this that I want to take in my pursuit after God, and a life of service to others. Check it out, and sponsor a kid.

Comments

  1. God can really be amazing through us. i am excited for you. have a great day. ps--i really enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake