Abba

I rode my bike to the lake tonight, and really enjoyed my time alone to think and observe the world around me. As I was reflecting, I watched a Korean father and his two sons, probably four and seven. The dad was pointing out the fowl gathered in the lake, and looking for interesting things on the dock to tell about. It was very interesting to watch this father interact with sons in the real world, 10:30 at night, when most fathers are either asleep or in front of the TV. Two summers ago I watched as a father steered his minivan towards an ice cream shoppe, unloading six, giddy, little girls, most likely taking a break from their slumber party. The dad was just out to buy his girls some ice cream and spend time with them. That is the kind of dad I want to be.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9/6/05

    Patty V-

    If my dad could be like anybody in the world, I would want him to be like Mike Tyson.


    Cole Griff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Systematic Cooking and the evolution of phones

Busy, busy, busy

Snake